Thursday, October 1, 2009

Culture, Culture, Culture
American Culture is bold, patriotic, and beautiful. American culture is not just a mix of other cultures, but a culture within itself. This hybrid of cultures has been formed from the inventions of Thomas Edison and Eli Whitney to the Civil Rights movements of Martin Luther King Jr. and Susan B. Anthony. American Culture is the Fourth of July, The Constitution, The Bill of Rights, and Our founding Fathers. This culture that we partake in every day at times has been heartbreaking, gruesome, and saddening. On September 11, and Pearl Harbor our nation was attacked with a great surprise with nowhere to turn. The Civil War split the nation apart, but our nations pride brought us back together. American culture is a mix of all cultures, but a culture within itself.
My culture is a normal American teen’s culture. I get up to go to school, eat a little breakfast, and go to school for 7 hours. I get home from school and eat, do some homework, and then go to bed. Compared to most people, I am different in many ways. I like to play sports, listen to the Beatles, and play my guitar and cello. I celebrate Christmas, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, and go down to Kentucky for thanksgiving every year. I am catholic and I go to church every Sunday because my family has a deep faith in my religion. But all in all, I am just another American boy who has a normal life, with a normal family, who lives in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment