Sunday, November 1, 2009

High School: A Month in Review

Old Friends, New Friends

This year I have met new friends primarily from catholic schools. I met Katy Gaberish, Erin Snyder, Matt Malecki, and my girlfriend Kyla Hunter. I have also lost one of my best friends over the summer, but we still talk. All my old friends are still the same and haven’t really changed much. I also have talked to people I have known for three years but never talked to and are now friends with. I LOVE KASSIDY!

SHS Activities Attended

While at Stevenson, I have joined the Global Ed community and became an official Globie. In class I was elected as the freshman class representative, and I am enjoying the seat of power incredibly. I go to every varsity football game

Funniest, Weirdest, Scariest Moments

At the beginning of the school year Audrey Kamrath and I had to run from our second hour to third hour every day. When I say run I mean literally sprinting. We would juke out people and pull spin moves. One day I was full backing for Audrey and I ran into a girl that made the most unusual noise and then fell on Audrey. We fortunately made it to class on time still.

Hardest, Easiest Class and Assignments

Currently my hardest classes are my Global Ed classes but I do just fine in them. In Geometry though I have a bad grade because I failed like two quizzes and a test. My hardest assignment this year would definitely have to be my cultural event in Global Ed. It’s not the assignment that is challenging; it’s focusing on it that kills everyone.

Top Five Current Events

Right now times are tough with the economy, the Yanks are going to the World Series…again, and the H1N1 flu is swinetastic. Currently Obama is in office and is causing some controversy with the health care reform, Nobel Peace Prize, and the war in Iraq. The other big deal is…SWINE FLU! Everyone I know is freaking out about it because it’s a new flu and it is very contagious and dangerous.

Faces in the News

Some faces in the news currently are Hillary Clinton, Barrack Obama, and Joe Biden because they are all part of the current Obama ministration. Hamid Karzi is also in the news because he is the president of Afghanistan which is in a current election.


Interesting New Words

Some new words that I have learned in the past month are starting to become some of my favorite words. The word on my third vocabulary quiz was akimbo, which means like limp, or spread out. My official favorite word for the month of October though is Whimsical. And I have also come to find that I like the term Globie, which is used to describe a student of Global Ed.

Popular or Memorable Songs

“It’s a party in the U.S.A” all the time these days; and I hate it. There is also this one song called “Down” and I don’t like it much either. But I really hate the Jonas brothers with a burning passion of one thousand suns. They have no talent, just putting that out there.

Popular or Memorable Movies

Well right now the big scary movie is “Paranormal Activity” which is about who knows what, but it looks kinda good. People say it is a waste of time, and others say they cried for days on end after they watched it. So I can’t really decide if I want to go see it or not.

Rumors or Gossip

To be perfectly honest there is always rumors going around the school. But I have learned to ignore them because they are not useful and become annoying to listen to. But the last one about me was at Holmes, and it was pointless and a waste of time.

Fads or Trends

Every trend is a repeat of a trend before. The clothes we have now are 80’s fashions and styles, like leggings and creepy designs. There is also this random outburst of neon clothes now, and it really starts to hurt your eyes. People also like to say “Epic fail” even when it wasn’t an epic fail. Or others like to say “sicknasty” when it really means “that is awesome.”

First Cultural Event

My first Cultural Event was a paper on Invisible Children. I remember sitting in a chair for a weekend just trying to think what to type for this paper, and how hard it was to focus! I then made the paper and got an A, which was pretty good might I say. After doing the cultural I got involved with the Invisible Children community by donating, signing petitions, and making it public.

Homecoming

For Homecoming, I was in a group of seventeen people including me and my date. My girlfriend Kyla Hunter was my date and she looked quite dazzling in her sparkly black dress. We all went to my house for pictures and then got a limo to drive us to the restaurant. That ride is too long of a story for such a short ride; let’s leave it at that. We had a lovely dinner, went to the dance, and got back in the limo for another mini-party to Brandi’s house. When I got there, I kinda just chilled and then my parents picked me up. All in all it was an awesome-o homecoming.

Advice for a Freshman

Why hello freshman! Don’t be afraid of upperclassmen, they really aren’t that bad. But I wouldn’t suggest getting on their bad side, because they will act in a violent way. Also there are two bells and B Hall is always packed, get used to it. Oh one more thing, the fries are really good.

What I’m Looking Forward to

To tell you the truth I don’t look ahead that much, so I only have two things.

I can’t wait to be a senior!!! It is going to be the bomb. I also want track season to start so I can show my stuff like Usain bolt.

Other Noteworthy Achievements or Events

I SURVIVED SWINE BABY! YEAH! FOR THE WIN!

3 comments:

  1. uhh I really love how you spelled katy's name wrong hahahaha its gabrish not gabErish haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Swine and fries, Swine and fries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But I really hate the Jonas brothers with a burning passion of one thousand suns. They have no talent, just putting that out there."
    - i agree

    ReplyDelete